New mobility services
In the current automotive business model, car ownership is still the most preferred option by costumers. However, the recent crisis as well as the higher awareness about environmental concerns have pushed manufacturers and consumers to re-think the car-use models towards new car-sharing and leasing/renting programs. Indeed, car sharing market is predicted to grow significantly in the next years.
Nowadays, always more car sharing, leasing and renting companies in Europe are proposing products-services based on E&HEVs. Indeed, E&HEVs are particularly suitable for non-ownership models, because of their price and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), the higher attention of drivers to environmental aspects, the need for frequent maintenance and the massive integration of sensors for monitoring their conditions.
However, car sharing, leasing and renting companies can not exploit at the moment advantages of circular economy (i.e. higher availability of reusable/remanufactured parts that would reduce the cost of spares) for E&HEVs vehicles management. To this aim, CarE-Service project will design new circular economy based mobility services to enhance the diffusion of circular economy practices for E&HEVs.
In particular, it will be designed a new generation of mobility products-services based on:
- non ownership of vehicles to guarantee the return flow of post-use vehicles to the owner, who will be able to efficiently plan circular economy processes;
- performance-oriented to improvement user experience and in general citizens’ quality of life;
- exploitation of the benefits of circular economy for E&HEVs;
- high customization to address various mobility needs in function of customers’ type (private or business, gender, age, collective groups of users such as flats residents, campuses, etc.) and geographic perspective;
- Innovative multi-modal systems to optimise transportation performance by mixing hybrid and electric cars, electric mopeds, bikes and public transportation will be also exploited.
Examples of potential new mobility services are:
- short term leasing/renting contracts with periodical vehicles upgrade options;
“performance-guarantee” contracts, which include incentives and penalties for:
(i) service providers, connected to the effective vehicles availability, performance and energy efficiency during the renting/leasing/sharing period;
(ii) customers, connected to the return conditions of E&HEVs (quality rewards); customized sharing/leasing renting contracts for young people, women, etc.;
- offerings dedicated to the needs of small target groups, such as residents of flat complexes, associations, campuses, etc.;
- low-cost sharing services suggesting the best combination of vehicles type to reach the destination;
Thanks to these new mobility services the consumers will benefits of the following advantages:
- Higher affordability
- Better assistance
- Increased overall transportation performance
- Improved experience